Do you have an interest in software development and analysis? Do you want to grow with a company that has the same passion? Do you enjoy reaching goals and being a part of a high performing research team?
If you have problem-solving skills and want to be part of a growing company named one of Dayton’s “Best Places to Work 2021”, we would love to talk with you!
Parallax Advanced Research is the home of the Ohio Federal Research Network, Launch Dayton, Academic Partnership Engagement Experiment, and more. As a non-profit organization, our vision is to be the most collaborative nonprofit innovation research leader in the Nation. Our mission is to deliver research and provide technology, human, and business solutions for government, industry, and academic clients with critical challenges via the science of intelligent Teaming™.
As a Software Developer, you will be working with other software developers and researchers, program managers, the VP & Division Manager of Research Development Testing & Evaluation, and Parallax clients. When working with your team, you will provide software research and development based on project needs.
In this position you will not only be developing software and conducting research and development, but also be providing analysis and recommendations, algorithm design, and infrastructure configuration.
In addition to that, a typical day-in-the-life of a Parallax Software Developer includes:
- Developing software to support research and development needs. Actively participating in developing computational system requirements based on project needs, developing algorithm designs based on requirements, rapidly implementing algorithm designs into functioning software prototype code; efficiently and effectively documenting the development process and the results.
- Providing analysis, evaluation, and recommendations.
- Interfacing with researchers, systems engineers, and scientists to provide data evaluation, simulation, and testing tools in high-fidelity software development environments.
- Designing, constructing, and configuring research and development algorithms focused on supporting research and development tasks, as well as operational work environments. Learning and configuring infrastructure tools that support developed functionality.
- Supporting the development of research reports and presentations to support project reviews, technology transitions and dissemination of fundamental research.
Ideally, you are looking for your next long-term challenge and have these skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Development related concentration
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and comfort discussing a wide variety of technology spaces
- Ability to work within a team and focus on completing tasks
- Experience with Java, Eclipse, JUnit, Swing, Python, SQL
- Ability to obtain and hold a security clearance
- US citizenship
Furthermore, do you have, or want to develop these skills?
- Master’s degree in Software Development Related Field
- Version control (e.g., subversion or git)
- Unit testing
- Continuous integration
Parallax Advanced Research will help you reach your goals by offering:
- Competitive salary with annual reviews.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Employer paid Life insurance, STD, and LTD.
- Roth post-tax 401(K) and/or pre-tax with a generous monthly company match, and yearly employer contribution.
- Education Assistance: employee’s tuition is 100% covered, in addition we cover 80% of our employee’s dependent’s tuition.
- Working from home opportunities for some positions.
- PTO time, regular paid holidays, and flex paid holidays.
- Paid Military Leave, Paid Maternity and Paternity leave, FMLA coverage for extended paid and unpaid leave, STD, LTD, and flexible hours.
- Annual PTO sell-back.